[pct-l] JMT finish

Mike Welch encinomw at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 15:22:10 CDT 2015

Congratulations, David.  I've been on my own quest since 2006 having first completed the JMT twice, once in 2006 and then in 2008 with my son.  I then was hooked and kept hiking North each Summer.  A year ago, May, I completed my first section in Southern California.  I was detoured off the section I was on in Northern Washington State this August at Suaittle River and was not able to get back on due to the closing of Highway 20 so made my way to Seattle and flew home (back to Alaska).  So I have about 450 mile left in California and 100 miles to the Canadien Border in Washington State.  The memories I have of the people I've met and the wilderness I've hiked through are some of the sweetest of my life.  I'm sure I'm not alone in this.  You can't fully appreciate this until your out there on the trail, and then you understand.  mountain mike