[pct-l] Cooking System and Fuel

Shaun Sexton sesexton at gci.net
Sun Apr 3 00:27:56 CDT 2016

Sounds good to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pct-L [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net] On Behalf Of DayLate07 .
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2016 6:25 PM
To: pct-l
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Cooking System and Fuel

Who only hikes 10 hours a day?  Slacker /s

But I will say that as autumn started hitting I really noticed the shorter
days cutting into my hiking time.

I use a slow cooking method where most of my food cooks in a cozy.  Boil
water, dump into food and put in cozy, wait 20 to 30 minutes, eat.

During that 20 to 30 minutes I find things to keep me busy.  Setting up camp
for the night, getting my maps ready for the next day, writing in my
journal, cleaning up, etc.

I'm usually asleep pretty shortly after eating - cause I tired, heck, I just
hiked more than 10 hours.

 Day-Late