[pct-l] Costco Trekking Poles

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:37:16 CDT 2016

CF can certainly break, and catastrophically when it does.  I've trained
with the Costco poles now for 3 years and they do fine, but I still do my
long hikes with Lekis.  However, when I got a Leki tip caught in some scree
jumble on a steep section of the Collegiate Peaks on the CDT, the bottom
section snapped in half just as quick as I'd expect one of the Costco poles
to do.  I use poles hard, and have broken several now over the years.
You're just lucky if you can effect a quick fix to get you to town for a
proper fix or a new pole, no matter which ones you use.  A good friend of
mine used the Costco poles for the whole AT and still uses them 2 years
later.  So they are definitely a good buy for the price.

Shroomer