[pct-l] Food protection in Southern CA

Marcus pctl at marcusschwartz.com
Sat Apr 16 22:07:36 CDT 2016

I was actually wondering this myself -- is it necessary to do anything
to keep your food away from rodents and insects?  Or any other Southern
Californian animals?  I've heard stories about intrepid mice on the AT,
though I can't recall hearing the same about the PCT.

I normally just keep it in an Opsak -- if I leave my Opsak of food in my
pack on the ground near my campsite, will that be enough?

 -=Marcus