[pct-l] Pack Weight

John Mulcare 9mogiemountains at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:43:00 CDT 2016

I will be heading out on the PCT from Campo soon. I have been trying to
manage the weight of my pack to keep it at a minimum yet still have the
essentials I will need to enjoy my trip. I will be on the trail for two
weeks and would like to know what the weight of an overnight pack should be
(not including water which i will be carrying). I have read about hikers
who go ultra light and those who have problems because they carry
everything including the kitchen sink. Is a 28 lb. pack about right for a
two week trip?