[pct-l] Cowboy camping

Erin Rodgers erinwrodgers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 09:19:24 CDT 2016

How many of you have experienced untoward effects of cowboy camping or
using a shelter that is not sealed (aka a tarp only)?

We have always used a Shires tarptent double rainbow but are considering
transitioning to a MLD duomid. The only problem is the innernet is not
really big enough for two people despite being technically marketed as
such. We like the mid, but I have reservations about critters/bugs in a non
"meshed in" situation.

Also, anyone with hexamid experiences is welcome to comment, as that would
be the middle ground between tarptent and tent only that we are
considering.

Looking for your experiences, positive or negative.

Thanks!
Three Times