[pct-l] no subject - pack goats

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 13:56:11 CDT 2016

The other day, the following was posted:

"Hey guys,

We are doing the thru hike on the PCT next year and we want to take a couple of goats with us. Anyone have advice on doing this...where to get some goats, previous experience doing it...things like that.

Thanks!! "

Reply:

If you're having to ask about where to get goats, you obviously don't have the experience necessary to safely (for the animal) take them on a long, complex pack trip that is a thru hike attempt.  For the sake of any pack animal you may use, first gain the necessary experience under far less demanding circumstances.