[pct-l] OST alternate at Windigo Pass

Charles Stuart charlesdstuart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:04:29 CDT 2016

Hi Lisa,

I just finished this alternate about two hours ago and am currently at
Shelter Cove (drinking too much beer).

The alternate is in pretty good shape. There are some really annoying
blowdowns in the last five miles but they're no more frequent and no worse
than they are in many places on the PCT proper in this section right now.
Aside from those, the trail is well-maintained, had small and gentle
elevation changes, and is very easy to hike. It also has lots of water,
which the section of the PCT you'd be skipping does not (assuming the water
report is accurate).

The trail is not well-marked and there are a lot of junctions, but the
alternate is on the Halfmile maps and on the free Halfmile app, so if you
have either of those you should be fine.

Hope that helps.

-Oolong