[pct-l] Snow Basics Course, Washington

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Feb 2 23:40:12 CST 2016

For all of you who don’t follow Facebook’s PCT Class of 2016,

Mountain Education has decided to offer, again, its acclaimed snow skills course, Snow Basics, to thru hikers and snow enthusiasts in the Portland-Seattle Pacific Northwest!

Now, you’re going to say this is nothing new and you’re right! The last several years, with the compassionate help of Andrea and Jerry Dinsmore as hosts, we have provided some great classes complete with Search & Rescue presentations talking about late-season PCT hiking risks.

We’re going to do it again, the weekend of March 18-20, if we get enough students to apply
http://mountaineducation.org/snow-basics-student-level-course-description/

This is not our first rodeo. Mountain Education has been teaching PCT thru hikers the wilderness skills they need to know to stay safe for 34 years now.

We tried to add some new versions of Snow Basics this year, but everyone wants the 3-day original! This is the one we will be offering in the Stevens Pass area.

So, if you are headed onto the PCT this next hiking season and are concerned about snow covering the trail, you might want to check out this class to get ready for it!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education, Inc.
www.mountaineducation.org
ned at mountaineducation.org

Mission:
"To minimize wilderness accidents, injury, and illness in order to maximize wilderness enjoyment, safety, and personal growth, all through experiential education and risk awareness training."