[pct-l] "High" snow

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri Feb 5 13:02:03 CST 2016

Good perspective, Barry! Thanks for posting that.

It is interesting to note that in 2 months (out of a typical 4 month winter)
thus far, December and January, we (central sierra) have already received
74% of a "normal" winter's amount.

Thus, if this trend continues, it might be said that we had an "above
normal" winter. Couple that with hikers having gotten used to "low to
non-existent" winters over the last 4 years, I fear it's safe to say that
this year's thrus will be surprised to run into snow as low in elevation as
they will come June (10,800?).

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education, Inc.
www.mountaineducation.org
ned at mountaineducation.org

Mission:
"To minimize wilderness accidents, injury, and illness in order to maximize
wilderness enjoyment, safety, and personal growth, all through experiential
education and risk awareness training."