[pct-l] advice on california section hike

DayLate07 . dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 12:29:16 CST 2016

 Anna, if your start time is fixed I would recommend starting North of LA
(say Aqua Dulce or Tehachapi) and heading north from there.   You could fly
into LA and take a bus or train connection from there pretty easily, I
would then add Oregon onto my plans.  It is easier getting out from Cascade
locks than the CA boarder.

You would not be hitting much of the desert heat that way and you  would
get to do Oregon at a really nice time of year.  Parts of Southern Cal in
July are going to be Miserable while Oregon in the fall is going to be
wonderful.   And those southern parts will still be there if/when you come
back, so you could pick a more favorable time to do them.

Day-Late