[pct-l] Tuolumne Meadows NoBo

Brian Watt bwatt at 1fifoto.com
Thu Feb 18 14:40:39 CST 2016

Dave,
On my 2014 PCT thru-hike I left Tuolumne Meadows with my son on June 8th
and arrived in South Lake Tahoe on June 16th without incident. We
encountered some snow fields, but we were able to traverse them without
incident or crampons or ice axes. We had a windy night just before
Sonora Pass, but tented in some scrub trees to protect ourselves.
Overall since you'll be later I think it'll be just fine. Since I was
just ahead of the herd of thru-hikes expect to see a bunch of hiker
trash out there while you're on the trail. What exactly is your concern?
Bri/Tartan