[pct-l] Desert Hiking Advice

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 20 16:58:50 CST 2016

It's unnecessary to hike to border and back. Check out the bus schedule to and from Campo to the lake  Also you could leave the car at Lake Morena in the pay lot( I think it's $3 a day)hike north to Mt Laguna from there it's an easy hitch back to Lake Morena   That should give you a better sense what you can do. It's a lot easier in the desert than you think. Carry a litre of water for every 5 miles. Hard to get lost from border to Lake Morena so night hiking possible if you are going when it's very hot. The only place that it is somewhat confusing is when you hit the dirt road. Pass the weird sign and stay on the road to the right until you get to the obvious trail down to Hauser Creek   People get lost when they try to go down too soon. Get Halfmiles app
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone