[pct-l] Vegan Thru-hikers!

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:30:23 CST 2016

HEY FELLOW VEGANS!
I found a great vegan and vegetarian dehydrated backpacking food company
called the *Outdoor Herbivore!  http://outdoorherbivore.com/
<http://outdoorherbivore.com/> *  I haven't tasted the food yet, I just
placed my order for my section hike this year.  Now we have dozens and
dozens of food selections!!!!!  We don't have to sacrifice our ethics to
enjoy our hike!  This company was founded in 2010.  I just discovered this
company late last year.  They need better advertising.  I don't work for
this company or know anyone who does.  Up until now, I've been a frustrated
hiker in the food department, probably like all my other fellow vegan
hikers.

I have to give the credit to this find to "Shutterbug".  This is his
website http://wanderingthewild.com/book   I ordered a PCT Photo Journey
book from him and his web site, like many other hikers, showed his gear,
food, pack etc.  If I hadn't ordered his book, I would still be suffering
from horribly limited food options.

Diet Plan