[pct-l] question anybody have a preference, a cuben fiber rain kilt from Zpack or a pair of ultra light rain pants .??

Tim Umstead tumstead96 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 12:42:14 CST 2016

After all the rain we hiked in last season we are sold on kilts.  Your feet
are going to get wet with rain paints or a kilt and the kilt is lighter.
Now should you spend the bucks for a cuben fiber kilt or not?  We used cut
open trash compacter bags with a draw string.  They weigh the same as a
cuber fiber kilt and are just faction of the cost.  Personal I do not like
the idea of a kilt having a seam that opens down a side, like the ZPack
does.  That is just a failure point.

The Ravens
PCT '96, '15