[pct-l] Opinion on shoes

Robert McAllister rwhere at att.net
Tue Feb 23 19:54:27 CST 2016

After 500 miles in Southern California the tread on my Ventilators was about gone. Lots of slipping and sliding those last miles before reaching a new pair in the resupply box. They do last a lot longer as everyday footwear.

The lack of protection against rocks was an issue. During the hike I ended up having to cut inserts out of plastic soda bottles to use as "rock shields." Next time out I'm going with something that offers more protection.

-RPM