[pct-l] Mosquitos

Halmargolis at aol.com Halmargolis at aol.com
Sun Feb 28 13:28:33 CST 2016

Chris, The more troublesome places for me were immediately after snow melt
at elevations below 9k.  Coming down from Fox Springs (at the summit after
Chimney Creek on the way to KM) at the bottom were hornets and stinging
flies as  well, but only near the spring). Then north of Toulomne  meadows
until all snow disappeared.  Then again in  Washington, north of Hwy 12 after
the first climb for a few miles.  What I  discovered was that if I walked with
a slip stream of about 2/12 or 3 MPH (It  helps if there is a headwind)
they could not follow me.  In those  areas I put DEEP on my neckerchief and put
on long pants and something with  sleeves.
Best wishes for a great Hike.
Hal, Green Hornet, Margolis

In a message dated 2/28/2016 10:00:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,