[pct-l] Asking for help regarding resupply

Robin Gruber robinadriangruber at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 05:22:34 CST 2016

First of all greetings to all of you!

Let me explain my situation real quick:
I'll hit the trail at the Mexican border starting on April 14th.

The thing is I need to rethink my whole resupply strategy.
One of my family members gave me the number of a friend in Portland who
would help me in sending packages to the trail along the way and I just
found out that unfortunately this wont work out.

My problem is that I'm living in Austria which means I don't have any
contacts besides part of my family which lives in Ohio. I will leave
Austria on the 3rd of March and spend some time with my family and get
ready for the trail and do some last minute planning before I'll be at the
border.
As I've been following this community for a couple months now I have
learned and been amazed how helpful the people are and now that the only
person I know in the West Coast can't cater to my PCT needs I am asking the
PCT community for help!

Would there be anyone out there who lives on the West Coast willing to take
up the task and responsibility to help me with my resupplies?
I am aware that this is not the ordinary "Hey mate, could you give me a
hand?" question. I am asking for a huuuuge favor. I would love to have
resupply boxes to support me along the trail and the occasional resupply in
town and not the other way around. Of course I would take care of all the
money involved for postage and I would be glad to compensate you for all
the trouble and I would be deeply grateful If anyone would be so kind.
I do have a plan B in case this doesn't work out, which is that I would
resupply as much as possible along the trail and have my Cousin send me the
occasional resupply box from Cleveland, Ohio as postage would be out my
league to send it on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to hear from you!

Auf Wiedersehen and all the best,
   Robin Gruber