[pct-l] Echo Chalet no longer a resupply point

Stephen Adams reddirt23 at att.net
Sun Jan 10 10:32:59 CST 2016

Yeah, the trail has certainly changed.  From ten to twenty years ago I liked meeting and sharing stories etc with those I'd meet who were doing the PCT.  Not too much anymore.  I actually got flipped off once by a couple hikers trying to hitch up to Onion Valley out of Independence. I assume because I didn't stop to give them a ride.  That's when things began to really sour for me, and that was about ten years ago...  The sense of entitlement keeps coming up.  The attitude can really be felt, and so much so it makes one want to walk away, avoid, and pretty much is putting a very negative stain on the seasonal PCT scene.
Stephen (Ansel)