[pct-l] Troublemakers

Linda Sheehan lwshee at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 12:12:25 CST 2016

​Andrea, that is a very telling point. Im sorry about this print size;
can't seem to get rid of it now...
However, one of the issues that has come up is the techno advances on the
trail. Am I just old fashioned (well old anyway) or am I seeing more 'me
against the trail' or 'I'm cool and I'm special because I can do all these
miles' behavior. I've certainly noticed in the blogs and selfies (that word
tells you something) that the miles per day and the *crowd* behavior is the
only reason a lot of people do the trail. The experience is a reflection of
them, not our small part of the wonderful, awesome and respectful
experience of the wilderness. Anyway, I'll get off my high horse. This kind
of behavior hasn't always been confined to the outdoors. I guess the
Continental Divide trail will have to be solace to the younger ones to find
more peace and solitude than the PCT has to offer now.