[pct-l] Trail Angels and Hiker Behavior

ralvek088-hiking at yahoo.com ralvek088-hiking at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 19:50:57 CST 2016

 Here we go again - defending the indefensible!
What happens much further down the trail is hard to predict based upon a day or two spent at or beforethe start of their hike in San Diego. Let hikers fend for themselves except in cases of life threatening emergency.SAR takes care of reported emergencies.  It is high time "trail angels"  stepped back and stopped enablingthis nonsense. If you feel the need to volunteer and help, there are plenty of highly deserving folks aroundour country that could benefit from your efforts.
Please do not misunderstand what I'm saying: I don't blame the "trail angels" and "hosts" for the awful behavior ofsome hikers. However, the "help" definitely allows a lot of unprepared hikers to continue up the trailspewing trash along the way.