[pct-l] Troublemakers

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Wed Jan 13 09:29:24 CST 2016

 On 01/12/16, ambery-80243 at mypacks.net wrote:

I agree that more people are hiking for social reasons as opposed to the backcountry experience or the challenge. So if you want it to be about the outdoors and not "society", then stop bringing the front country to the trailhead.

That's a very good observation. LNT applies to trail angels as much as it applies to hikers. I am a very fortunate person, I get to hike year round, and so find myself on the PCT quite a bit. I see the aftermath of the thruhiking season. The illegal fire rings, the neglected water caches and coolers. This is particularly bad around one famous trail angel stop in section E.

Gary