[pct-l] Rain jacket / Marmot precip / Post by "Panama"

Randy Godfrey randy3833 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 15 00:29:33 CST 2016

I love my Marmot Nano AS rain jacket, made from Gore-Tex Active (PacLite) and survived 4 straight days of rain on my section hike (K) in the North Cascades last summer. It kept me dry the entire time. Breathes very well. There are no pit zips in that jacket, Marmot claiming that it breathes so well it doesn't need them and it's true. The Nano AS has a soft fabric feel on the inside. Not the clammy plastic feel of the P/U jackets. I find it comfortable to wear as a shell over my puffy or fleece shirt just for extra warmth, especially when it's windy.

Anyway, I'm very happy with it. Not to mention that it's a pretty sky blue :). I'll be taking it on my thru-hike this year.
Randy

> On 12 Jan 2016, at 10:43 PM, Tyler Underwood <u.tyler at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I am just curious has anyone else looked into the Gore-Tex Active? I am curious about how water proof and breathable it is.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Pct-L mailing list
Pct-L at backcountry.net