[pct-l] PCT 2017

David Austin davidaustin777 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:07:29 CST 2016

I would suggest you join some Facebook groups. If you are not a Facebook
user, I'd highly suggest creating an account just for this purpose. There
are a few groups that will help with most of your questions. I'm not really
a Facebooker but I have been using it to access the PCT groups for my 2016
hike. There is also a Reddit for the PCT but not as populated and good as
the Facebook groups. There is also a spreadsheet in the group that has all
the start dates and whether you are looking for a hiking partner. Also,
depending on you start date there could be around 50 people starting the
same day. Another good thing about joining the groups is that you can see
the personalities of the people that will be on the trail.

On Facebook search for these (i'm not sure if the links will work, I'm a
Facebook Noobie, but if not just search for the name):

This is general PCT information:
Pacific Crest Trail
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PCNST/

Even though you are planning on a 2017 hike, I'd suggest joining this
group. It is VERY active and you will learn a lot. There are over 2,000
members.
PCT Class of 2016
https://www.facebook.com/groups/374292632688141/

PCT Class of 2017