[pct-l] solar charger

Tom Grundy caver456 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 12:43:22 CST 2016

we were looking in to charging options for a 3-week dirt-road bike trip,
and after some research, opted for the anker battery pack.  Less bulk, less
weight, less complexity, less hassle, less cost, more durable.  Figure out
a good estimate of how often you can be at an AC plug (and stay there for
long enough) to recharge it, and that can help you decide what size to get.
 (Don't forget to bring the charger and cable!!)  Too bad cause the idea of
solar (or on the bike, hub dynamo) is nifty and elegant, but, the numbers
just didn't pan out.  But, as every situation is different, after you run
the numbers, maybe solar will be the right option for some cases.