[pct-l] Unmaintained Trails in Yosemite--(off topic)

Herb Stroh HStroh at sjmslaw.com
Tue Jan 26 15:24:34 CST 2016

I realize this is off-topic, but since the readership here is a broad swath of hikers I hope you will indulge me.

I am working on a comment to submit concerning the Yosemite Wilderness Stewardship Plan (currently in its scoping phase). One of the points I intend to raise is that there are trail segments in Yosemite that get little or no maintenance. Currently there is a high demand for trail use but insufficient resources allocated to maintain all historic trails. Once lost, it is unlikely a trial will ever be restored, further compounding the problem of too many hikers in two narrow of a use area.

I would like to identify specific trails poorly maintained and/or have disappeared in Yosemite. If you have an particular examples please email me offline. Be as specific as you can.

Thanks.

Herb