[pct-l] The herd and power in town

Tef tef at 51gnal.us
Wed Jan 27 10:28:42 CST 2016

Hi there,

I'm a newbie and planning on thru hiking the entire trail.  I've seen some discussion off this mailing on the PCT Class of 2016 page and had some concerns about availability of supplies in trail towns when you're behind or in the thick of a herd of hikers.  Have any of you seasoned hikers have this issue?  What is an ideal contingency if there is a fuel or food shortage?

Also, what is the power situation like in town?  I hear a lot of folks saying don't worry, just go in town and charge your stuff.  I'm wondering if it will be like an airport and people queuing up to use a 2-gang outlet at some remote convenience store.  Would throwing an outlet strip into a bounce box be prudent here?

Thanks for your advice,

-Tef