[pct-l] The herd and power in town

Henry Armitage h at hpka.net
Thu Jan 28 08:24:05 CST 2016

With the cost of IKEA power strips being very low, you could consider
putting a power strip in every/selected resupply box and simply donating it
to a hiker friendly business or trail angel for use by those who come after
you. But, if anyone is reading this post in the archives, we don't want to
entangle trail angels in octopus monsters of power strips, one from every
hiker, either.

I'm also starting to wish I had linked to the Wirecutters travel surge
protector article in my recent post, 3 ac ports, two 2.1amp USB ports, 5oz:
http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-surge-protector-for-travel/

I have the runner up from that article and like it for my travel bag (not a
long distance hiking one), but tend to want more USB ports so usually
take a 4 port charger. But its very light and if you're OK with the volume,
you could carry it on trail if you wished.