[pct-l] Charging in town

TBrokaw at montmush.com TBrokaw at montmush.com
Thu Jan 28 12:56:54 CST 2016

Very sad that damage was done to personal property.  But also very
commendable that Ido handled it in such an admirable way!  I still believe
that the vast majority of thru hikers are wonderful people (as are the
business people).  But obviously a few have & will continue to create some
ill will.  Although I've not yet completed the entire trail, I've had
nothing but positive experiences with the businesses along the way.  We
are a significant boost to the economy of every small town we pass through
at least for a short time.  So, hopefully every small business we purchase
from will appreciate us.  For that reason, and for simplicity, I like to
re-supply as much as possible from local businesses.  I like to avoid the
pressure of having to rush to some place before it closes.  I never
received my box from Paradise Cafe because they closed early on Easter.  I
learned to NOT rely on a resupply box from that experience.  It also helps
to thank folks for the services we receive.  Hopefully, a concerted effort
by the 99.9% of us can overcome the rudeness of the .1%.

Tom Brokaw
Corporate Project Manager
Monterey Mushrooms
777 Maher Ct