[pct-l] Water/Joshua Tree Spring

Mike Welch encinomw at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 15:09:46 CDT 2016

I was hoping to begin a final section hike at Walker Pass going to Mt. Whitney in early September.  It will complete the PCT for me after 10 years of section hiking.  I see from the water report that there is no water at Joshua Tree Spring (trough dry).  It would be critical to have water here if I'm to start at Walker Pass and head North.  Has anyone been thru there lately?  Is Joshua Spring truly dry?  What have people been doing for water?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  mountain mike