[pct-l] Section HIke

Herb Stroh HStroh at sjmslaw.com
Thu Jul 28 12:25:46 CDT 2016

I hiked that section last year. There was no permit requirements between Desolation Wilderness (south of 80) and Lassen (north of Chester) other than, as Brick noted, a fire permit (available online).


-----Original Message-----
From: Pct-L [mailto:pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Brick Robbins
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:18 AM
To: kf6rcp .
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Section HIke

I believe that for the section Interstate-80 to Belden at Hwy 70 (mile
1160 to 1300)  you should not need anything except a California Fire Permit if you are going to use a stove.


Have fun

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 6:00 AM, kf6rcp . <kf6rcp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a question,  I plan to do a section hike from I-80 to HWY 70.  
> This will be my  first hike on the PCT.  Does  anyone know what  
> permits  I will need if ever?
> *Mike Sangria*
> *Amateur Radio Station "AG6IP, ZC4MIS, 5B/AG6IP, HL9MS, HL2/KF6RCP, 
> KF6RCP"*

More information about the Pct-L mailing list