[pct-l] trekking brolly

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 15:07:28 CDT 2016

I've carried a Chrome Dome on all 3 thru hikes, the Camino in Spain and
this summer in Madagascar and wouldn't leave home without it.  Great for
the rain of course, but even better for the sun in the deserts of SOCAL and
New Mexico.  I'll be using it for a dugout canoe trip on the canals of
eastern Madagascar tomorrow morning for the sun.   You can get the exact
same umbrella from Gossamer Gear,  they just don't call it the Chrome Dome
anymore.  The main thing is reflective mylar top and black underside.  Tuck
the shaft under your chest strap, and in winds secure the bulb on the
bottom with a small carabiner through the chord loop and to you hip belt.

Have a wonderful hike!

Shroomer