[pct-l] Truckee to Burney Falls and beyond - when to start?

The Wilderness Vagabond wildvagabond at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 08:32:52 CDT 2016

Thanks Ned for the note about snow cover and changing conditions.  It sounds like more is now known about trail conditions.

I'm seeking guidance on when to start the Truckee to Burney Falls section (and beyond).

I'm planning to hike about 550 miles.

Please make a guess about when to start the Truckee to Burney Falls section.  I'm assuming things beyond Burney will be opening by the time I get there - I'm an old guy and plan to hike about 10-12 miles per day.

Any suggestions about this first section will be appreciated.

Thanks, Wild Vagabond  (Rob)