[pct-l] Shoe size

DayLate07 . dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 13:54:33 CDT 2016

> I find myself in the same category as Mango, a little bigger and wider for
sure.  I just finished up 400 miles on the Arizona trail and when out there
was thinking the whole time how weird it was that my shoes felt a little
tight, especially at the end of the day.  These were brand new shoes and I
had worn this model before.  Come to find out, I noticed just after I got
home, that they were 2E instead of the normal 4E's a usually get - I must
have picked up the wrong size at the store.  I don't really notice the
width difference very much until I start hiking a lot of miles over several
days.  Then it makes a huge difference for me.

Shoes are the hardest piece of gear to get just right.  And once you do the
manufacturer will invariably stop making that model shoe or worse change
its fit on you.  I sometimes buy 4 or 5 shoes at a time when I find one I
like and yet it seems like as soon as I run through those I'm back to
evaluating new models....

I believe most people in general wear shoes that are too small for them,
if you are not on your feet a lot you probably won't notice it as much.
During a thru hike you will.  Be flexible and if what you have doesn't work
try something else.  This is expensive but I haven't found anything that
works better than plain old trial and error.

YMMV
Day-Late