[pct-l] When I die I'll go to heaven

Jim Faris grandpafaris at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 19:23:19 CDT 2016

well die with a smile where you  are is a part of heaven  , and that is where i wan't to die is on a mountain

    On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:59 PM, Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net> wrote:

 Shaun,
I also have extremely high blood pressure, but it has not stopped me from
pursuing my addiction with backpacking.
I am taking 3 types of high blood pressure medications, but it is still
extremely high.
But my pulse rate is slow.
The slow pulse rate, my Doctor says, is an indication that I am very
athletic and therefore it is less of a problem.
I also noticed that after I pumped iron or went on a 2 hr. power walk or
run, my blood pressure, after the pulse rate returns to normal, is
considerably lower.
That, indicates that extended aerobic exercise has a tendency to lower
blood pressure.
My Doctor agrees that aerobic exercise is good for people with high blood
pressure....and, backpacking is a form of aerobic exercise from sunrise to
sunset.

But, if I die on my beloved JMT, in the arms of an "on the trail to long
hiker babe", I will have gone to heaven
.
So keep on hiking Shaun, it may lower your blood pressure, and if you die,
at least you know your going to heaven.

JMT Reinhold
Your heaven bound trail companion

Shaun wrote:
Had meeting with cardiologist today.  He reported concern about my recent
blood pressure results and opined that my intent to begin PCT hike next week
beginning at Campo and proceeding through 700 +/- miles of desert is "crazy"
(This x-box generation lacks a sense of adventure, don't they?).  I agreed
to carry my BP monitoring device to collect results along the way.

Looking for alternatives to my current "desk top" device,  an Omron
HEM-712C.  Would very much appreciate experienced based opinions of
"ultra-light backpacking" BP monitors.

Time is of the essence in this matter.

Thanks so much !

Shaun E. ("NTN") Sexton