[pct-l] Food safety

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:54:14 CDT 2016

In Oregon I just put it in Ziplocs in my food bag in the bottom of my
backpack and had that under my feet in my tent or outside if cowboy
camping.  I've done that most places.  If in serious bear country, ie.
grizzly or where recent evidence of bear activity is present, I'll hang
it.  In the Sierra where required, I use a bear can of course.  But Oregon
was not a problem.  Stealth camping is the best however as critters in
campgrounds and in spots frequented by PCT hikers, become habituated to us
and learn how to steal.

Have a great hike

Shroomer