[pct-l] Metatarsal issues

Traveler switchgoose at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 12:08:51 CDT 2016

Hi,

Been training for my Oregon section hike coming up July 28th. Started experiencing foot pain recently. It may be originating from my metatarsals, but has permeated to other areas of my feet as well.

How does one manage this while training, and even more importantly, on the trail? Do metatarsal pads help? If so, any good recommendations?

I recently switched to the Brooks Cascadia 10 and feel that although my feet may have been an underlying problem already, the shoes have exacerbated the condition. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Lisa