[pct-l] Metatarsal issues

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 23:01:45 CDT 2016

Yes to what's been said so far.  Shoes are really individual.  I started
years ago with a Merrill light boot and green superfeet and had pf within
just a few training hikes.  I went through several other shoes till finally
finding shoes I like, the Montrail Sabinos back in 2010.  I bought a bunch
on sale when the model changed and wore them on all my hikes.  I'm still
wearing a pair this summer in Madagascar.  Finding the right shoe is really
important.  I can't recommend the newer Sabinos as they are different, but
the most comfortable hiking shoe I've worn beside these is the Altra Lone
Peak.  This is the shoe used by most of the great hikers I know.  I wear
them at home and love them, but I'm too cheap to buy many new shoes when
I've still got good Sabinos that work for me.  The Altras have a zero drop
heal and will help change your gait away from the heal strike that
exacerbates pf.  Most folks we've put into Altras love them, but some
don't,  so it still comes down to what works for you, but they are the most
popular long distance walking shoe with many great hikers.

Good luck finding a pair that works for you.  Also, try to buy them at a
place that will take them back if they down work out.  REI or Sports
Basement are good .  SB usually has them in stock.

Shroomer