[pct-l] Mosquitos & Sawyer brand Permethrin ??? //// Re: Pct-L Digest, Vol 98, Issue 28

Luce Cruz lucecruz13 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:46:30 CST 2016

I have received more than one off list email and one on list about using my
toilet to dump the Permethrin and water mixture after I was done using it.
Let me clear this up.

I checked with the environmental department for my county to dispose of the
chemicals. They suggested pouring it out on the ground, telling me the soil
environment would eventually break it all down. I and my neighbors at the
time and location were all using wells for their drinking water. I told
them that was a no go, I wouldn't do that.

I was told they would toss this around the office and get back to me.

I was contacted a full week later. They told me to pour the chemicals into
my toilet. I was told that among other things the intense UV treatment that
was used in the county POTWs would destroy the chemical.

UV seems very useful, in some cases. Anyhow, I did my due diligence and
consulted the experts. I suggest others do the same and never act out of
pure ignorance on an issue. Sometimes even a small amount of facts or
expert opinion can be of tremendous help. It was for me in this case.

I am constantly amazed at the new technologies and designs that make up the
99% that is seemingly invisible to us in our world.

--
Luce Cruz