[pct-l] Marmot Problem

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 13:34:04 CST 2016

Removal? They're just mobile protein.
Mango

----- Original Message -----

From: "Mike Belanger" <mikes4b22 at hotmail.com>
To: "PCT-List" <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, March 4, 2016 1:12:47 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Marmot Problem

So those wasclly cwitters known as marmots, among many other names, can be quite the nuisance on a lunch break, particularly because they aren't very skittish when there is easy food nearby. I'd rather not pelt them with rocks or yell and scream at them for the sake of my own ego, but I've heard that a surefire way to send the curious bandits back to their burrows is the screech of a red tail hawk. Anyone know the validity of this technique? Anyone know where to acquire such a recording? Anyone have a better suggestion for the removal of those pesky woodchucks?