[pct-l] Dog

David Pace pacda599 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 12:36:21 CST 2016

Hello sirs and madams,
I am planning a thru-hike of the PCT and initially envisioned the possibility of bringing my dog, Spot, along for the adventure. He is a trail broken dog, very well behaved, and in good shape. However, after much research and consideration, it seems that it is not really feasible to take a dog on the whole trail due to:
1.) Having to go through many zones where dogs are prohibited.
2.) The exertion (from the dog) required to complete such a feat.
3.) Complications with hitchhiking, in-town activities, etc...

Despite my own dire conclusion, is there anyone out there that would make a case for bringing my k-9 companion along or, coordinating so that I could have him along for at least part of the adventure. I am of the opinion that the majority of people can give me a laundry list of reasons not to bring him(which I am still interested in), but I am especially interested in anyone who may have some insight into successful dog hiking. Thank you all!

Sincerely,
Spot's Representative

Sent from my iPad