[pct-l] Rain Pants

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:05:18 CST 2016

Off topic, but this discussion with Mango and Shroomer just made me incredibly nostalgic for when I met them in 2010.  I don't know your level of experience; if this is your first long hike, I think you may find that your lower extremities will become more immune to the cold than you expect, at least while hiking. Certainly, your lower legs will become more muscular while the thigh will likely thin. Constant movement generates a lot of warmth.  If I was chilled when I stopped, I just got in my bag. Otherwise, I preferred shorts, even in low temps. But as Mango mentioned, the primary use of rain pants was while doing laundry in town.

Sent from my iPad