[pct-l] Silk liner

James Vesely JVesely at sstinternational.com
Mon Mar 14 10:21:06 CDT 2016

I like some of your gear choices.    If you are looking into buying a sleeping bag and you want add additional fill you might want to look at Hammock Gears website.   They have the option to add as much down to a bag as you want to pay.    I have used the Burrow with standard fill down to the high 20's and stayed warm (with thermals, socks, shirt and thin down jacket) but I think, at least for me, that would be the lower temp limit.    I am not so sure if I would be comfortable if the temp's dropped to the rated 20 degree mark.

I have also found that you really have to utilize the hooks on the edge of the bag and put on elastic cord to run under your pad  to keep the bag tucked into the sides.  The only problem I encountered with the bag was that the down would drift to the sides and cause a cool spot on the top.   The solution was to make sure to shake the sides of the bag before each use to redistribute the down to the middle.

http://www.hammockgear.com/burrow-20/