[pct-l] Dog Health Incidents and Prevention

Gary Schenk gary_schenk at verizon.net
Mon Mar 14 13:49:31 CDT 2016

 A couple of weeks ago we did 43 miles of Section B with our dog. This dog is a good hiker, and loves to go out on trails, however, even though we were only doing 13 mile days, we could see she was not enjoying it. Dogs need a lot of water and they cannot carry enough fore their own needs, so that means you have to carry it.

 I would not attempt a thru hike, or any big hike with a dog. We'll continue to take her on short overnight backpacks, but that's it.

Gary