[pct-l] Getting to Southern Terminus( hikers, trail angles)

Travis Polon travis.polon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:47:47 CDT 2016

Good Afternoon to all!
I am looking for two things. One: a potential ride to the southern
terminus, and two: other hiker(s) who may also be looking for a ride.  My
plan is to fly into San Diego on the morning of may 9th.  Possibly purchase
supplies if need be, then ride to terminus where I'll camping over night
before starting my hike the following morning.  If you are interested in
joining me, or possibly have something set up for the same dates that I
could piggyback onto, or would like to negotiate possible transportation
please let me know.  I have a family friend that lives in San Diego who may
be able to give a ride.

I also would like to know what is the best option for getting my gear to
the trail.   I assumed that I would just check my pack when at the airport,
but i heard someone talking about mailing their pack before hand. just
curious to hear what other have done or will do?