[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 99, Issue 16 - Heights

RMarquis hrsnarnd at webformixair.com
Sun Mar 20 13:03:41 CDT 2016

I understand one's aversion to high places.  My husband groans when movie scenes show extreme heights, though he managed to enjoy most of the 4 days he rode with me up in the Washington part of the trail.  I agree with Tatran about keeping one’s focus on the trail.  When I told my husband to focus on the immediate trail in front of the horse and keep his eyes on the uphill side, he found it worked for him.
If you are interested in seeing some trail pictures from the perspective of the back of a horse you can go to my blog site and check it out.
hrsnarnd.wordpress.com
I added a clip from the phone video I took while going over Forester Pass that shows the narrowest part I remember.  Being an extra 4 feet off the ground might make is seem a little scarier?  But that was the best part of the trail for me.
Have a good hike,
Rhonda

Message: 1