[pct-l] Sierra Snow Report

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Mar 20 17:19:39 CDT 2016

High gang,
Trouble is back in town again.
That, of course, is good news for the girls but bad news for the guy.
The girls are dancing in the streets, the guys are gnashing their teeth.

Just got back from another week of skiing in the Sierra at Mammoth.
Forget everything you heard on the list about another low snow year,
below average snow fall in the Sierra and getting an early start.

Since my last snow report on March 4, Mammoth has gotten another
72" of new snow.
The season average at Mammoth is 400".... total snow fall at Mammoth
this season to date is 329", more snow is forecast for Monday & Tuesday
and the snow season is far from over.
Take it for what it is worth, but it does not look like a low snow year
at all.
So,...prepare for snow and listen to "NED",...he knows what he is talking
about.
I was hoping to run into Switchback, running his "washboard", but he was
nowhere to be found.
Say Switchback, this has been 6 solid weeks of high powered skiing in the
Sierra so far this year and I have not going down even once.
I must be getting better as I get older...somethings do get better with age.
I must be one of those "rare gems that get better with age".

Yes,...this is unquestionable,...indisputable,...undeniable proof that I get
better with age.

I am so  "EXITED"  about this,....I can't sleep,....knowing I will be
better
tomorrow than I am today.

JMT Reinhold
Your exited, sky bumming trail companion who gets better every day.

---