[pct-l] Current conditions?

Pete spete672 at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 22:06:43 CDT 2016

We are at 197 and came up black mtn alternate this morning. We had 3 others start Devils slide 2 days ago and diverted to black mtn from 183. Their reports getting to the alternate were some thigh high snow. Icy and bad
We started hitting snow about 3 miles up and was around 3-5 inches. At black mtn cg where we got in pct going down we had a mile of tricky snow and ice. We didn't use crampons or spikes. Just slow. Got out of most snow around 7000 feet. 193 to 197 the trail us freaking horrible. Over grown and wash outs and some tricky blow downs.
Camped and cozy at 197

Pete

Sent from my Iphone