[pct-l] Planning planning!

Michael Belanger mikes4b22 at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 20:22:29 CDT 2016

My dad is meeting up with me at Mammoth Lakes to hike north for a week. Anything along the John Muir Trail/Yosemite Valley would be epic. Then of course you have Crater Lake in Oregon. The JMT (California Section H) goes from Mount Whitney (tallest peak in the lower 48) to Tuolumne Meadows (Yosemite). You could tackle this section anytime from June-September but the longer you wait the less snow there will be. Crater Lake (Oregon Section C) would also be epic, but I know very little besides that because I haven't made it that far into my planning.

Check out Wilderness Press' Guides to the PCT for more information. They include: Southern California, Northern California, and Oregon & Washington Sections.