[pct-l] Solo female hiking advice...

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Thu May 5 22:21:48 CDT 2016

Erin,

I'll tell the list and you the same thing I've always said about  the
"snakes & bears" question: By a factor of 10 it's far more dangerous to  drive on
a highway or live in a city, than it is to go backpacking  anywhere in the
US. A solo female hiker is far safer on a trail than she  is on a highway or
living in a city--stop and think about  it.

Don't hike in fear of the bogeyman! Just hike.
Bob  "Trekker" Brewer
Genealogy is chasing the dead, while irritating the  living.

In a message dated 5/5/2016 3:52:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time,